2021 Rees Cup Series
This is a season long point’s race modeled after the PGA Tour’s Fed Ex Cup, The series is open to all club members. For 2021 we have planned 9 regular season events, 2 playoff events and a final event. The events are a mix of individual and 2-player events, each with a different format.
Aeration: March 22-23 (Spring) & Oct 18-19 (Fall)
|April 10||Stroke Play||Individual Stroke (net+gross)|
|April 24||Four Ball||2-player Better Ball (net+gross)|
|May 22||Pars & Putts||Individual Stroke + Putts (net+gross)|
|June 5||Go-Lo||Individual Stroke Forward Tees (net+gross)|
|June 19||St. Andrews Chapman||2-player Modified Chapman (net+gross)|
|July 4||Flag Tourney||Individual Net – Plant your flag (net only)|
|July 17||Stroke Play||Individual Stroke (net+gross)|
|July 31||Stableford||Individual Modified Stableford (net+gross)|
|Aug 28||Odd / Even||2-player Alt Shot (net/gross)|
|Sept 18||Playoff #1 – Pick Your Poison||Individual Stroke 6-6-6 (net+gross)|
|Sept 25||Playoff #2 – Stableford||Individual Modified Stableford (net+gross)|
|Oct 4||Final – Stroke Play||Individual Stroke (net+gross)|
- Players will be awarded points for each events based on the sum of their Net and Gross score positions. Some event formats are not conducive to Gross scoring, in that case only Net score ranking will be used to award points. Tied positions will split the points.
- All regular season events will all be worth the same points. The first playoff event will be worth double points, second playoff event triple points, and the final event will be worth quadruple points.
- Season ranking will be based on points earned for your best 6 of 9 regular season events, plus your playoff and final. This will allow players to miss a few regular season events, but the playoffs will be critical.
- All applicable scores will be posted as Tournament scores into USGA GHIN by the Pro Shop.
- USGA GHIN Course/Tee handicaps will be used. Percentages of handicaps may be used at the discretion of the Event Coordinator based on the format.
- For 2-player team events, you may not play with the same partner twice.
- Rules are subject to change based on player feedback and committee approval.
- There will be Net and Gross prizes paid out based on flights for each event.
- The season winner will receive golf shop credit, a Rees Cup trophy to take home and their name on the Rees Cup which will remain in the clubhouse.
- There is no entry fee to become part of the series, but each event will have an entry fee.
- If you enter a Rees Cup tournament you are automatically entered into the Rees Cup Race.
Good luck to everyone! We hope everyone’s goal is to have a great time!
Please thank Gary O’keefe, Bob Davis and Jason Peck for volunteering their time for this year’s Rees Cup.
Contact the Pro Shop if you would like to volunteer.
For more details contact our Pro Shop.